Project: Reforest Africa
Deadline: 15th August 2021 (midday)
|Job title||Tanzania Program Manager|
|Term||30 months, with 6 month probation|
|Salary (gross)||US$20,000 per year|
|Location||Mang’ula, Kilombero District, Morogoro Region|
|Direct report||Governing Board (Country Secretary, Director, Senior Technical Advisor)|
|Line management responsibilities||Project Manager, Forest Restoration Assistant|
|Other key working relations||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Background||Environmental project management, Forest management, Conservation, Community development.|
We are appointing a senior full-time Program Manager, who will report directly to senior management and will oversee all of our projects in Tanzania. Under the contracted 30-month period, the appointee will also be managing a new project funded by “Fondation Franklinia” (www.franklinia.org), aiming to develop and initiate our strategic plan for forest restoration across the Greater Udzungwa-Kilombero Ecosystem, a 53,000km2 landscape across Iringa and Morogoro regions. This work will also link with our existing project funded by Rainforest Trust, managing and restoring the Magombera Nature Reserve. The appointee will be supported by senior management, including our Director and a Senior Technical Advisor, based overseas, and by our Country Secretary, based in Morogoro. We also expect the role to continue beyond the 2.5 year period, but this is dependent on fundraising and on the success of the appointee in fulfilling project and program objectives.
The appointee will:
- oversee the implementation of all projects;
- establish the Udzungwa Botanic Garden and seed-storage laboratory;
- develop a strategic plan for the restoration of the Udzungwa-Kilombero biodiversity hotspot, including a sustainable financing strategy and new fundraising;
- engage local communities and other strategic stakeholders to build support for forest conservation and restoration;
- support ongoing conservation and restoration of Magombera Nature Reserve;
- supervise the Magombera Nature Reserve Project Manager and his project team, and any new project teams recruited during the contract period;
- lead the recruitment of all new staff;
- manage maintenance and security of all NGO assets and equipment;
- assist senior management in building NGO sustainability and infrastructure;
- assist senior management in preparation of NGO administrative documents;
- assist senior management in communicating the work of the NGO across Tanzania; and,
- assist senior management in annual NGO reporting.
How to apply and further information
Download the full Position Description and Selection Criteria here.
We are inviting applications by e-mail to email@example.com by 15th August 2021.
In your application please include a C.V., proof of degree grades, contact details for three professional references, and an itemised response to the essential and desirable selection criteria (see full PD). If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the application deadline, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
Enquiries can be sent in advance to Dr. Andy Marshall or Dr. Deo Shirima at the same e-mail address.